Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just did some trading with a guy and ended up with some underdrive pulleys. I installed them and the belts too long.. Is this normal? I looked on LRS at the underdrive pulleys and it didnt say anywhere that I'd have to buy a shorter belt. What'd I do wrong? lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey guys, just did some trading with a guy and ended up with some underdrive pulleys. I installed them and the belts too long.. Is this normal? I looked on LRS at the underdrive pulleys and it didnt say anywhere that I'd have to buy a shorter belt. What'd I do wrong? lol
using smaller pulleys = using a shorter belt. im sure someone on here can help you with that length to use. do you have a/c and smog still?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
get some string,wrap it around the pulley's as if it were a belt in the proper routing..tie it to that length and head to the parts store..tell the guy you need a belt as long as the string..(then watch him squirm cuz he cant type it into his computer)

its best to buy a few belts a size or two longer and shorter than your string,just in case..use the one that fits best and return the others..write down the belt part # and keep it somewhere safe for future reference

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I mean I have the common sense to know smaller pulleys, shorter belt, but I figured the water pump pulley, being bigger, would take up the slack. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts