Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know??? this 89 gt i bought looks to have 19lb injectors in it but it has a c&l mass air flow body with the stock elec senser in it is this all i need to go to 24lbers or do i need a calbrated senser?? thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You can still use your C&L Mass air housing with the stock electronics on top. You just need to change the Sample Tube onm the inside of the Housing to one that is desighned for 24# er's.
Mass Air Sample Tube Tech - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

Use this link to find the correct Sample Tube. They are color coded, be sure to look at the correct chart. There are 73mm and 76mm Housings.

·
Registered
526 Posts
does anyone know??? this 89 gt i bought looks to have 19lb injectors in it but it has a c&l mass air flow body with the stock elec senser in it is this all i need to go to 24lbers or do i need a calbrated senser?? thanks
If it is a C&L housing, then you need to recalibrate the MAF for 24's.

With C&L meters, this means you change the 'Sample Tube'.
However, since you just bought the car, and folks have been getting bad info on C&L for years.... It is worth the time to verify that you have the right parts.

Please answer the following....
What are the part numbers on the MAF sensor?
If you turn over the C&L housing, what markings do you find on the underside?
What diameter is the inlet and outlet of the Sample Tube? (the color codes have been wrong before, so you do NEED to measure with calipers).

I have a link to another site that has the sample tube diameters of various sample tubes, but linking isn't allowed here.
You will have to send me a pm for the link... sorry.

I've been through the circus of C&L meters, so let me know if I can help :bigthumbsup

jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.