Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am new to Allfordmustangs.com and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jim, and I am addicted to Mustangs. I bought my first Mustang, a 2007 GT Premium in Tungsten Metallic, brand new as a reward to myself for making a huge career move. The car was used for my daily 120 miles of commuting and any business travel (I had a car allowance and a company gas card - missin that thing BAD). In 2008, I lost my job and nearly lost my car by the end of that ordeal, but managed to hang on. Needless to say, the car means a little more to me now. It is still 100% stock, but I am about to start with a few modications to make it track worthy for the weekends.

Now the trouble begins: I just picked up a 1989 GT Convertible (blue and silver two-tone). This car included, as far as I can tell, EVERY option available. The interior and top are trashed, but the body, paint and drivetrain are in great shape. A starter problem got this car parked for about 8 months by the previous owner so there is some extra rehab to do, but it will be a fun project for me and my buddy, who is a much better wrench.

Wish me luck - I am going to need it. :winks

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Check out our 5.0 sections for help on your project. Glad you got to hold on to your 07 and that you now have a fox as well.
Thanks for joining and have fun!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good luck on your project stang and welcome to the forums.

Yea mustangs can really grow on you especially when you commute and drive with them everyday and they get you to work and back home safely daily they really become almost like your "other half" lol. I know at least mine are.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Gettin a car ready for the track and workin on another one, wish I had "trouble" like that. haha. Welcome to the site and congradulations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement. I think this forum is going to make my Mustangs even more fun.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup:

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome to the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts