Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1989 mustang with fuel injection and mass air flow. i want to know if anyones has any ideas on how to control the fuel supply. for example i want to be able to increase/decrease the amount of fuel going through the injectors with the flick of a switch while im driving it. so the result would be more power/fuel economy instantaneously whenever i need it.
anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have a 1989 mustang with fuel injection and mass air flow. i want to know if anyones has any ideas on how to control the fuel supply. for example i want to be able to increase/decrease the amount of fuel going through the injectors with the flick of a switch while im driving it. so the result would be more power/fuel economy instantaneously whenever i need it.
anyone have any ideas?
after market ecu cheapest i know is megasquirt

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
OMG..this is almost as good as that guy who wanted to supercharge his motor by routing his a/c vents into the intake...

:lit_up

so the result would be more power/fuel economy instantaneously whenever i need it.
anyone have any ideas?
sorry bud,but the result would be no such thing..if it were even possible,the result would be a rich/lean condition

adding more fuel to a motor that doesnt need it wont make any more power..it'll only make it run rich,waste gas, and the exhaust smell would make your eyes water so bad you'd probably go blind and crash

aside from that,the computer would sense the rich or lean condition,and try to compensate and add or take away fuel as needed..

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
LMAO. OMG Thats not how it works. Best performance is to have a correct air to fuel mixture. The rest is all about how well the motor flows. Bigger heads, intake, headers, better cam etc. ROTF:rollgrin: Only turbos superchargers andf Nitrous work on the flick of a switch.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
I won't touch this one other than to say there's no ideas on how to make this work because the computer system and all the actuators would try to compensate for any hacking that would be attempted to fool the system into doing such a thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i thought the computer would do. FYI i know increasing decreasing fuel would not help performance or economy.
my plan was to have a secondary fuel source. increase fuel from secondary, decrease it from the injectors. overal fuel mixture would be the same, just not entirely gasoline.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thats what i thought the computer would do. FYI i know increasing decreasing fuel would not help performance or economy.
my plan was to have a secondary fuel source. increase fuel from secondary, decrease it from the injectors. overal fuel mixture would be the same, just not entirely gasoline.
Replace your thermostat and fix your check engine light then buy a NOS kit. Don't bother with any power adders until the engine is running proper.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I am not even sure what you are trying to accomplish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts