Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am saving up for a coyote engine swap into my fox. That being said, I do not want to spend too much money on mods.

However, modifying the stock intake is easy and relitively inexpensive. Is it worth it? Will I see a 0.1 or 0.2 second improvement in the 1/4 mile or will it just sound a bit different but not really matter for performance. Currently, my MT (or T5) 5.0 is pretty close to stock (only two mods are a cat-back Dynomax exhaust and an electric fan). I do not have AC.

I know there are a lot of factors involved, and that there are other mods that are worth doing (e.g. gears), but I am only looking for a simple yes/no answer. I have been searching the forums for about an hour with no luck on this question.

Thank you in advance,
trobious

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I doubt you'd see .2..MAYBE .1 if you're lucky, but probably not even..just my guess

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's the sum of all of it's parts that makes the difference. But your car needs to breath in order to go faster. On the eastcoast with cooler air you will notice a greater difference then somedody in the central part of the country.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Give your car a tune up, bump your timing some and just save your money for your coyote swap as it will not be cheap at all. Come on now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts