Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow mustang drivers my name is kris. im 20years old & believe it or not i just got my first car just this past friday. lol it is a 1989 mustang lx, its a maroon color but the paints faded. it has cloth interior & its grey. it has a sun roof that props up or can come completely out. & it has 112k miles on it. I got it from ma god father as a gift & i know for a fact it was rarely i mean rarely drivin but when i started it friday she turned over & started. i did take it for a test drive and i liked the car alot infact i fell in love. one concerned i had though was to me i felt it was a little "slow" for a mustang like it took a while to reach 50 or 60 mph , the acceleration felt like i was dragging a boat. but my god father told me it is a 4 cylinder so maybe thats why. he also said it needs a new radiator. my goals for the car are to some how make the car faster without breaking my wallet if possible, i would like to hear all my options though. I also want to get the car painted & get new seats installed & put in a new car head unit & also install 2 subs if possible. this is a 2 door by the way. The last issue is when you go to open your trunk the springs or hydrolic pumps or what ever they are called dont hold the door up so there is a broom stick in the trunk to prop the trunk open and keep it there. how hard and much is it to fix that. im not exactly a car wiz but im not a blonde either, i understand most car things. i want to do alot of performance mods to make it run faster as i said erlier so people let me know what you would do

so yea just reply to this, with any and all information id appreciate it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry about that in the tag i put 1987 it should say 1989 idk how to change it but it is a 1989 im a hundred percent sure

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a feeling that was why. ok well i get 302 means a bigger engine. so what exactly is a 302, just a engine or engine & transmission or what? & where would i look to get it? & how much would i be paying? im srry if im asking you stupid questions but im new to this.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
29 Posts
a 302 is a 5.0 liter ford V-8 that came in the GTs. 302 is the cubic inch displacement. when people say they have a 5.0 they are talking about a Gt Mustang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.