Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I did the heads on the car. Put it all back together set the timming idles at 900 RPM nicely. It is a 5.0 with a isky cam edelbrock intake BBK body mac headers Crane springs and retainers on E7 heads with Ford Racing Roller Rockers 1.6 pedistall that I just put on. MSD ignition Box. 24 pound injector with 70

So my proplem it that the car has no power at after 2000 RPM's. it just falls on its face and then it pops out the intake ?? :headscratch: MMMM The rockers were torqued to 25 foot pounds I just found out they were to be at 20 - 22 foot pounds my bad. I will fix that. does any one think that could be the problem?? Timming is at 13 degres advanced... Thanks Yall

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Did you make sure the lifters were on the base circle of the cam when you set the rockers? Otherwise it still sounds timing related. Did you put the Spout back in?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your timing is off, double check it and make sure you are not off a tooth or two on the distributor.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that and ya I was off by a tooth. it idles at a nice 900 RPM's with no problems. car still runs on the hot side. When I drive it at around 2500 RPM's it falls on its face. no power back fires though the intake ?? :headscratch:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like the timing is retarded too much.
Try advancing it a few degrees and see what happens.
You could have a balancer that is bad and the outer ring has slipped. That may make it look like you are timed correctly when you are not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.