Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I just got a 1989 mustang lx convertible from a freind. It needs a little TLC. It has an tautomatic transmission, are you supposed to be able to take it out of gear with no keys in and your foot not on the brake. Does it have a neutral safety switch or anything? And when ever the lights are left on or the key is in the ignition with the doors open I do not hear any buzzer or chimming noises. Are there some buzzers that need to be replaced or checked. Can someone help!!

Thanks
angry5.0

·
Registered
468 Posts
sholud not be able to shift with out on the brakes, i think and you should hear some chime when the key is in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yea you can shift while your foot is on the brake and as far as that door thing you should have one. Mine is very quiet but they just annoy me anyway lol.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That door chime is easy to replace, sounds like yours needs a new one.

Yes, there is a neutral safety switch.

I have an automatic and I was always able to move it in and out of gear without the retarded foot-on-brake tactic. I always disliked that feature...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys

I can reach in the car with no keys in ignition and no foot on the brake and put the car in any gear that I want. How can I fix this? My son likes to get in the car with me and he sometimes tries to move the shifter. I don't let him but I need to fix it. What do I need to do. And where is the chime for the keys, and is there a chime for the lights , if they are on and the key is off.

Thanks guys
angry5.0

·
Registered
956 Posts
i have an automatic, i can also move the shifter without having my foot on the brake, my car doesn't have a chime either (or it doens't work) does anyone know where its located and what it looks like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.