Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 mustang 5.0 is pulling left and making rattling noise. Sounds like it is coming from the front of the vehicle. It sounded at first like it was the exhaust pipes but that reasoning had to be abandoned due to the car pulling left. I have googled the issue and most searches discuss a possible suspension or sway bar issue. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
191 Posts
My car pulls to the right and has a harsh rattle sound every time i hit a nice bump in the road. The noise is coming from up front. i thought it was the sway bar too, my bushings were beyond shot. Easy install of the new bushings but didnt resolve the rattle or pulling. I believe its either the ball joints or rack and pinion bushings. Im way past do for both......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first i thought it was the rack and pinion but that was not it. The rattling starts to happen when the car warms up. It is an AOD transmission. The rattling seems like it is coming from the transmission housing. Only starts when it warms up. I am not sure if i should open the transmission housing to see if anything is loose. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts