Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to figure out what this is. under the dash driver side, behind the radio. there 3 ralays, and a 7 pin connector. any ideas, or do you know what they are.

·
Registered
172 Posts
just to be sure can you snap a pic?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is one a Big White relay, with 2 smaller square ones on the same bracket?
If so, The big one is the Dinger/Courtesy Chime, the other 2 are the Day/Night Illumination relay, and the other is the Horn relay

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well yea i can't figure out how to add pics, but yes steele thats what it is. i have found another problem i've lost my blinkers. i have hazards, but no blinkers an ideas. i found this round blue thing inside the dash above the fuse box. it said wagner flasher on it, and it was blue 2 prong. any ideas if that has something to do with it, or what i should look at?

·
Registered
172 Posts
there is a flasher under the dash silver in color , also did you check all the bulbs?

·
Registered
143 Posts
on the 89, the flasher relay is on the BACK side of the fuse box.
Its normally silver or yellow, a small round can with 2 prongs.
its Very possible it came loose, but they Do go bad.
There is a seperate thing that looks the same but bigger, about behind the idiot light panel. Cant think off the top of my head, but i think its for the head lights.
When you hit the blinkers, do the turn indicators on the dash do anything? stay on, flash, only one side stay on?
Those are signs of a bad bulb, or bulb connection.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bulbs are good, my hazards work fine, and when i hit the turn signal no lights no sounds, and of course i don't have any reverse lights either.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was able to trace, and fix all the wires, but still no turn signal. in another thread i talked about my mistake of cutting the wrong wires, while elimanting un-needed wires.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Were any of your wrong wires from the Multi-Switch/turn signal handle/steering column?
That could mess up the turn signals if the connections are not good where you fixed them.
Reverse lights should be a whole different animal. That switch is not even close, unless you blew a fuse.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i figured it out guys, thanks for the help. one of the wires i removed from the fuse panel (gray w/yellow strip) has a jumper that supplied power to 2 fuses. ones for ac or something and well the other is for the second flasher relay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.