Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89' and i'm gonna start to get rid of some more unnecassary weight. i was wondering if anyone here as gutted there doors, and has pics or know where i can pics. i just want some ideas, i've read about the usual impact bars, and locks and etc. i myself was thinking bout cutting some of the door itself and then bracing it. (cut out the metal and then weld some steel in an x for support so the door itsn't like paper). thanks for any help here

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think if you just gut the door you will be light enough without sacrificing safety, but then again i dont like hearing about fox bodies getting cut up for no reason. If you are gonna street drive the car is there really a point? yea you save weight and gas gain some speed but you are cutting up a perfectly good car

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It seems if you cut out the stock bracing and then weld in an X made of steel, you don't get any weight reduction to make a difference.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the material i use wouldn't be that heavy i'd use something lite weight, its there to stop the door from flexing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and yes it is worth it my car is made to go straight, and as fast as i can get it go. sorry don't want to sound like a d*** but look at the junkyard and stories online these cars are being totalled and, just tossed away left and right. my car was 2 inches from the scrap heep, and now its my pride and joy, and we like to go fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.