Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having some idle probs so I did a self test. Codes are from key on engine running.

41-system lean passenger side-02 sensor?
91-o2 sensor circut indicates lean-driver side.
33- which has to do with my egr that hasn't been hooked up since I got it.

What could cause these codes? I bought a new ect, set tps volts and did idle reset. (Which brought my tps volts to 1.03 and I can't go any lower), cleaned maf sensor, cleaned IAC, cleaned out TB by opening throttle plate and sparying solution in there. This helped a bit.

Also plugs, rotor, cap, wires and 02 sensors are all new. Few months old, new.

Also did a cylinder balance test and got 99, which indicated all clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if the fix is found I will gladly send money.
Yes, its this serious.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I believe it is related to the EGR not being hooked up...either hook it back up or find someone to do a custom tune and delete it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had egr codes since beginning of this year and never had "idle" problems like I'm having now. To my understanding, the egr doesn't affect this and its the least of my concern at the moment.

Also months ago when I ran self test, I got egr code but not the others.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yeah, don't worry about the EGR. Now that I know you have lean codes. It explains the high idle. You'll need to look for vacuum leaks. Under the upper intake will be the hardest to locate. But check all your vacuum lines real good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for switching over coupe. The high idle was due to me doing the base idle reset and I set it a bit too high. I planon doing it again tomorrow and dropping it down. I was wanted to take my intake off and thoroughly checking vacuum lines. Should i buy a intake gasket since I'll be doing this?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Unless the upper to lower intake gasket tears. I usually don't replace it. Just reuse it.... Lower Intake gaskets always get replaced. Problem here is our parts store makes you buy the whole intake gasket set. So you can't buy just the upper or just the lower. That's why I reuse the upper to lower.

Honestly I would leave the idle where its at "for now". Look for any vac leaks, and fix them. Then see if the idle goes down. Your choice on the idle. But if there is a vac leak, you'll never get the idle like you want it. If you do, then fix the vac leaks, you'll have to do it over anyways.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. My local part store is the same way.

I definitely want to pull the upper intake manifold since most of the vacuum runs under there. few months back I found a main vacuum line that was split and fixed it. I'll take it down first thing in the morning and report back. Thanks!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed!!!!!

Guys the stang is back to life. Took off my upper intake and found 3 vac leaks and my pcv groumet looked like it been to hell a few times. Was all cracked and warped, so bad that the pcv would slide right out with no effort.

Got everything fixed, reset idle and adjusted tps. sensor and codes are gone and it runs like never before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts