Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we took ours mustangs to the track last night and i wasent running what i thought i should be, so we changrd my timming to around 19, and it ran a second faster, but on the drive how i started to hear a noise when i was at mid rpm's and i started it to day and it soulds like someone is knocking on you door (lol), but anywhays whats the best thing to do, a complet rebuild or what?? or any tips on what to do would be greatly apprecated

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Can't really say, is it a metal to metal knock? Ringing? Flutter? Did the oil pressure change? Does it change speed in relation to engine speed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cat really tell if its metal to metal or not, its coming from the passanger front, and iol pressure is the same as normal, and when you are idleing its loud, but when you are at bout mid rpm it quits, and them you can hear it when you give it gas

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I had a metal to metal sound once in an old truck and the bearing around the rod fell off into the oil pan. Not a good sound.

·
Registered
995 Posts
are you sure its not pinging, 19 degrees is pretty advanced, but you would only hear noise at WOT, is it you rockers? get a stethascope to find where its coming from

·
Registered
897 Posts
dude, retard the timing.bring to around 12 or 10 degrees btc and check to make sure your not just pinging from too much timing and or crappy fuel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ya i dident even think bout that we just changed it for the track, and i never changed it back, i will change it toady and then post more, but it picked up a whole sec when we changed it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i changed the timming to today, dont have a timing light but i got it so it stops pinging and it still drives fine, now my question is why did it run a sec faster at the track with the timing set to 19,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.