Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi new to mustang. I hve a 1990 ford Mustang 5.0LX.I'am trying to take off the cats. to put in H pipe.All parts are new and had the cats. put in bye a shop for aircare testing.I had my H pipe on before but i live in Canada and we hve smog emissions tests ever year so i want to change it myslef to save money ever year.Now that the car has passed aircare testing i want to put back the H-pipe i had on early for another year.I am haveing trouble taking off the cats. pipe ,all the bolts and camps are off but the pipe just doesnt want to move.I hve the front of car up on ramps doing it myself in back yard.I noticed theres a bracket brace were the hangers are for the exhuast where 4 bolts are 2 are very hard to get at.But shouldn't it just slide out of the hangers racks with no problem?Help please thx.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
they are supposed to just slide out of the hangers, but ive found it easier to lower the cross memeber so you can remove and install the pipe better.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Those hangars can be very tight, I've found that spraying a bunch of silicon spray right into the hangars and a big pry bar helps, you can use WD-40 but that stuff will eat rubber over time. I've never had a major problem getting them out, but you do need to use some muscle to get them out. I've never had to drop the cross memeber, but whatever works for you is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.