Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi cool forms here lots of help.My brakes need to be done front and back.I think most parts well hve to be replaced so is there any after market performce parts for brakes that are to stock specs. that can be bolted right up to stocks parts instead of spending money on factory parts.4lug disk in front ,drums in back.thx again.I think iam looking at 400-500$in brake shop. there in bad shape.Can someone with little knowlage and instruction book do in ones backyard?Any special tools i need?just the thought of working around brake apesus dust for couple hours not good either. 1990 5.0LX.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
you could grab youself the 73mm calipers off of a 1991 Lincoln Mark VII. they bolt right up and add a little more stopping power. Check a junk yard if you want, but they really arent that expensive to begin with new. Also some stainless steel braided hoses would add some durability. not much you can do with the drums in the rear without getting really expensive. just new brake shoes, and a stainless center line in the rear. if you had the time, and a little bit of cash, the axles and rear discs off of a late 80's thunderbird turbo coupe will fit on, they are four lug so you wont need new wheels. you could check a junk yard for those too.

also, i highly doubt those are the original brake pads on there, so i wouldnt worry about asbestos. the law came around in 1996, so unless they make magical brake pads that last 10 years, you should be good. if youre still worried, you could wear a paper mask, and youll be fine. also, as long as you dont start bang things around, keep the dust still and not floating in the air, and youll be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.