·
0 Posts
the 7up cars are green ....

are you sure its not a feature car......:headscratch:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I thought 7ups were only made in 1992?
nope 90..i have a 7 up interior...says limited edition 1990 on it.

features were made in 92..red/white top white pony wheels,white an black interior.

7 ups were green with white top silver turbines white/grey interior..

also white ponys kickass on 7-ups

correct if im wrong but i think im correct

R

·
0 Posts
the feature car were 92-93

the 7up was a 1990

7up 101......

The 7-UP Connection
The 7-UP Bottling Company was to give away thirty of these cars at the 1990 National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball finals in the United States. In an audience participation contest, anyone sinking a basket from centre court with one try, was to drive home in one of the cars. At the last minute, the contest was canceled.
1990 Limited Edtion Mustang Convertible - General Information
Production of these cars started in December of 1989, with only two cars being built. Full production began February 2, 1990 with the final car being built May 29, 1990. The convertibles all started out as coupes, and had the hardtop removed prior to shipment to Cars & Concepts of Brighton, MI. The plan was to build 5,000 but only 4,103 were built. The breakdown of the production numbers is as follows:
- Total production: 4,103
- Number of 5-Speeds: 1,360
- Number of Automatics: 2,743
- Number of vehicles exported: 261

The 1990 Limited Edition LX Convertible has some features which differentiate it from other Mustang models. These features include:
- Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic Paint (code PA)
- Colour-keyed body side moldings, fascia moldings and side view mirrors
- White Leather Interior
- White Convertible Top
- 15" GT Aluminum Wheels

All 7-UP cars came with the 225 horsepower 5.0 EFI engines, but for those who wanted more, Steve Saleen provided an aftermarket supercharger installation. At least a dozen cars were so equipped.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
:wavey:waveyWelcome to the site:happydance::happydance:I would just run the vin and see what you got.I had a 7-UP car,it was green with white interior.

·
Registered
460 Posts
With the 7 up car is there any engine mods or were they the same as the other 5.0s.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you could give us a picture of the car you have, we might be able to tell you more about it.

I've always liked the Cobra R wing, it's large and in charge but there's some that think it's over the top. It comes to personal preference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replys.i dont know how to get pics from my camera on to the pc.but where do i run the vin.on the car every thing is green on the in side just not the out side and my seats and every thing look just like the pics ive seen.gray carpet white leather and some black.by the way i only paid a grand and drove it home

and my paint code is pa

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If it's got the original data tag on the drivers door jamb, all the info for verifying it's a Limited Edition is there. Paint code will be 'PA' interior code will be 'CZ'. Where it says vinyl roof code will be 'W'. Last six of the Vin should be in the 155xxx to 195xxx range. There is also a buck tag behind the radiator support on the drivers side stapled to said support. If still there, the paint code and interior code will be on it. If not there car may have been in a wreck and support replaced. Just an FYI. This is my data tag showing Limited Edition info.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
the feature car were 92-93

the 7up was a 1990

7up 101......

The 7-UP Connection
The 7-UP Bottling Company was to give away thirty of these cars at the 1990 National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball finals in the United States. In an audience participation contest, anyone sinking a basket from centre court with one try, was to drive home in one of the cars. At the last minute, the contest was canceled.
1990 Limited Edtion Mustang Convertible - General Information
Production of these cars started in December of 1989, with only two cars being built. Full production began February 2, 1990 with the final car being built May 29, 1990. The convertibles all started out as coupes, and had the hardtop removed prior to shipment to Cars & Concepts of Brighton, MI. The plan was to build 5,000 but only 4,103 were built. The breakdown of the production numbers is as follows:
- Total production: 4,103
- Number of 5-Speeds: 1,360
- Number of Automatics: 2,743
- Number of vehicles exported: 261

The 1990 Limited Edition LX Convertible has some features which differentiate it from other Mustang models. These features include:
- Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic Paint (code PA)
- Colour-keyed body side moldings, fascia moldings and side view mirrors
- White Leather Interior
- White Convertible Top
- 15" GT Aluminum Wheels

All 7-UP cars came with the 225 horsepower 5.0 EFI engines, but for those who wanted more, Steve Saleen provided an aftermarket supercharger installation. At least a dozen cars were so equipped.

I must say I wrote that up nicely when I did the registry. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
167521 is my last 6 numbers on vin and with all the info i got from you all im just about 100% that is one.my paint code is pa i do have a white top.but the paint i will be going another direction

R

·
0 Posts
167521 is my last 6 numbers on vin and with all the info i got from you all im just about 100% that is one.my paint code is pa i do have a white top.but the paint i will be going another direction

By doing that you will completely take the value of it being a real 7up car directly to ZERO.....

But its your money & your car....

M

·
0 Posts
Do you have the buck tag behind the radiator? Front right look down in there... you should see a metal tag like 7-UP Bill posted! :gringreen

We were built in April and have one for our 93 Feat!! :bigthumbsup :bigthumbsup That tag was part of an exciting find for us!! :gringreen

I can't wait to see some pics!! I'd have to do a restore if all the signs are there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i looked but not for to long the raine came in.but i know it is every pic i have seen of these cars it looks like mine but mine is red due to a paint job.honestly i realy did not want a convertable i wanted a hatch lx but for a grand how could i say no

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.