Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need a new latch, but I can't find one anywhere. To describe my problem, my hatch won't close all the way. It's closed enough to keep cold, water, etc. out. But I want it closed all the way cause I can hear cars and things. Anybody know the problem? Or where to find a new latch?

Thanks all,
Apollo♫

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You can get a new hatch striker bushing at any parts store in the HELP section for about $3.00. This is a fairly common problem with the hatch bushing.

The first post for 50resto is for the door and not the hatch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No its not the weather stripping ha. Just replaced that about a month ago. I'll check the bushing tonight when I get home. Thanks guys! Your replies are appreciated. I'll be back on later to update.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I checked the bushing, it's not broken at all. But! my trunk key won't go in. It looks like the lock itself and the bracket are bent a little, but the hatch isn't. Anyone know A)What could of caused this?, and B)What do I need to fix it? Just a lock and bracket? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What bracket you talking about?

·
Registered
52 Posts
need help also

I just put new weather strip on my hatchback 91 now my hatch won't close I have to slam it and it will close but if I pull up on it or if I ddrive around it will pop open . Can it be the weatherstrip is so new it's not letting it close or did I put it wrong (don't think I did ) or some other problem ?? Help plz

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Popping open is the bushing.... Did you check if your bumpers are adjusted properly? And I think he's talking about the trunk latch

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
the strikers are different thru the years of the fox body. some are the same as door but IIRC. the later 91-92 are different that the 93. also the entire hatch is adjustable. the roof hinges can be adjusted, the striker can be adjusted. the latch mounted to the hatch however can not be adjusted. latemodelrestoration has a inexpensive weatherstrip/striker kit. call em and let em know what you have and they can hook you up. I got one for my 93 and it tightened things up greatly. the oem striker had a notch wore in it from repeated use. I also adjusted the hatch for better fitment.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Talking about bring back a old thread. I will leave it here. Seem all the question have been answered. Maurice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts