Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the FWA counter clockwise to tighten, the thread as well as the adj turn together, is this normal? I was under the assumption that the adjuster is supposed to turn on the thread, and yes, the allen adjustment lock is out.

Additionally, I cannot get the allen lock tight, it just keeps rotating.

This is aggrevating as hell, any tips?

·
Registered
212 Posts
^^^lol.. sounds like someone tried to skip an installation step!:nono:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a mechanic install it because of time constraints. Turns out, this fool put the locking ring on the INSIDE of the vehicle firewall... So only the adjuster is on the outside. Im so pissed off I cant see straight i mean there are more guides with instructions on how to properly do this I can even tell you.

Its a bad business nowadays if you cant even trust a shop to do an easy job like this. Ill be taking it back in tomorrow i dont have the time to put this baby back on blocks. Thanks for the input though, i spent all mornkng takin my dash apart trying to find where they busted through the firewall...only to fjnd the actual locking ring on the interior side of the firewall.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
so ponyboy83 and 25thtripleblack are the same person? or has the OP not resolved the issue yet?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Or maybe split perosnalities :kooky:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts