Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ever since I got my car, horn nor cruise control never worked. Not worried about cruise control but I'd like my horns. I supplied power directly to my horns and they screamed. But the wire was cut for them and also under my dash, the only wires coming from my wheel itself are disconnected with no neighbor connections. Anybody have any idea what I'm missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Has the column been swapped? Tilt or airbag? If no bag it has an older column and the horn and cruise have to be re-wired.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It can't be both. the airbag years 90-93 had no tilt. If it has tilt and an airbag it's a column out of something non fox mustang. Can you post a pic of the column and wheel?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
If it is a tilt steering wheel it will look like this and this is how the wires should hook up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's crazy. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be tilt cause the airbag modules are still connected to the frame and the airbag light it always blinking. Should I go get the correct wheel atleast? Or just work with what I got. I'm not a fan of this bulky airbag wheel anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts