Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a bit of researching I have read the front dash speakers in my 1990 LX are 2.5". I'm having a bit of a problem finding someone who carries these speakers that are thin enough to fit into the dash.

Any recomendations on where to look?

Also I am not sure what the specs are on the OEM speakers but a higher quality speaker that would fit in the spot would be great too!

I am north of dallas in a smaller town so most likely unless it is a large chain, I will have to order online.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
5X7's in the front doors. Anything would be better than stock and if they are stock in there now then you will def be better with something else. You shouldn't have too much of a depth issue with them. You also have 3.5 in the dash not 2.5. I put some Memphis audio in mine and they fit just fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The door speakers have been replaced, just not the ones in the dash yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No problem...the Memphis Audio may be kind of expensive depending on what you have. You should have about 2.5" of depth though. I would recommend the same brand speakers you put in the door, if they don't make a 3.5" polk audio, kicker, and infinity make a great speaker as well for under $50 and you should be able to buy them online from just about anywhere, even crutchfield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.