Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90lx and want to put on a 95 5 lug rear conversion and i was wondering if you need a different brake booster or anything else for the bigger brakes in the rear????

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
you dont need one, but its def. recomended. if you use the stock one, you will switch immediately.

you should go ahead and do it if you can.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Get a booster for a '93 Cobra. You'll also need to gut your stock proportioning valve, install an adjustable proportioning valve and Ford Racing parking brake cables. Are you planning to do the front also?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a booster for a '93 Cobra. You'll also need to gut your stock proportioning valve, install an adjustable proportioning valve and Ford Racing parking brake cables. Are you planning to do the front also?
Where can I buy that from?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I decide to go with 5 lug rear drums instead, can I use the sn95 axles? I know those are 3/4" longer but will they work with the drums since they will stick out 3/4" more??

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You may be able to get the booster from your local auto parts store. If you do 5-lug drums you'll need to use the Ranger/Aerostar axles and drums with your stock brake components.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn too much ******** work, I'm probably just going to end up selling the 5 lug conversion :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Don't give up. Once you decide how you want to do the conversion and figure out what parts you need, it's really not that hard.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i used all 94-95 parts on my buddies 89gt.

rear end, front control arms, struts, spindles, booster/master cylinder, prop valve....works 100%

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will the sn95 axles work worth with the rear disks? my other thread someone said I would need some bracket or something like that.. anyone??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.