Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just pased down my sisters 1990 2.3 mustang. Well I am a big fan of going fast so i would like to get a little more power out of it, but i would still like to keep it reliable and with A/C. What are the best upgrades for this engine, I plan on putting a cam and mabe a new head on it, but i am more intrested in putting a turbo on it, can you put everything off a turbo thunderbird on this model mustang and have it work, and for under $600? What have you guys found to be the best power upgrade without pulling the engine?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I'd say the 2.3T is the best route to go for cheap power, from what I've heard you can find some high mileage thunderbirds for cheap and swap the motor. I think you'd be better off doing a motor swap with 600$. just my .02$

·
Registered
960 Posts
you should just buy a turbo coupe 4 a grand and a half then rip the motor out sell the stock motor and ecu and then the body of the turbo coupe and youll end up probably around the same amount.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, the 2.3 looks like a easy engine to pull, I don't know if i am going to pull the engine i think it would be better just to put a 5.0 in it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
you would have to change the whole wiring harness which is a pain also if you put the 2.3t in you would be getting the same amount of power as a 5.0 but with better gas mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.