Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade to 5 lugs here in the near future. I've been looking at various kits and most all of them include 28 spline shafts. My car is mild right now but I obviously plan to build it up more. My question is how much HP/TQ will a 28 spline axle safely handle? I'm pretty sure that I will end up getting 31's anyway but. The car will see the track but will be more of a street car than anything else.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Axles are one of those things you can predict only to a certain point. Some 28's have survived quite a bit of power going through them, and some have snapped when used in a stock car. I would suggest if you get up over 300-325 hp, you should upgrade to be safe.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Axles are something you can't predict all the time. I've seen 28 splines live behind quite a bit of power and then some snap in a stock car. What I'd suggest is if you get up beyond 300 hp, you should upgrade to be safe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i agree

im doing the same thing to my brothers 91 fox project.im doing the same as my dad, useing ranger axles,they have been holding well over 300 hp for 5+ years! I have seen and felt them perform great, so I have faith in them. but yes, I agree with eagle,(man I see u everywhere lol) go with the 31's so you only got to do it once.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.