Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i just found out that my ecm went out its not idling right and throttle response is bad. so i pulled it out and it was a A9L and from what ive heard its the most aggressive one you can get but Ive heard its for 5 speeds and mine is aod. and if im going to pay 200 i want it to work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i always thought if ecm goes out car will not run you might want to run a scan on your car sounds like to me could be a couple of other things could be throttle position sensor or idle control

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive replaced everything. i mean EVERYTHING. idle position sensor mass air flow egr everything. it wouldn't throw any codes so i went to ford they said thats all it could be.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good luck with solving this, but can you please tell me how this works out because im having idle issues as well. my car will start idling lower and lower until it hits 550 and it will start to misfire and stuff.... what symptoms were you having?

·
Registered
526 Posts
okay i just found out that my ecm went out its not idling right and throttle response is bad. so i pulled it out and it was a A9L and from what ive heard its the most aggressive one you can get but Ive heard its for 5 speeds and mine is aod. and if im going to pay 200 i want it to work.
A9P is for autos... I would get that.

vac leak?
compression test?

Did you recently work on the engine?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A9P is for autos... I would get that.

vac leak?
compression test?

Did you recently work on the engine?

no work on engine ordered a A9P for 200. will have it in this weekend. checked for vac leaks and there were none. no compression test.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with solving this, but can you please tell me how this works out because im having idle issues as well. my car will start idling lower and lower until it hits 550 and it will start to misfire and stuff.... what symptoms were you having?
ill let you know how it works. mine would idle fine one min then barley stay on or just cut off. and when i tried to drive it. it would bog out and shifts felt wrong probably due to the rpms/converter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts