Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i installed a new brake light switch because i thought mine was bad because i had no brake lights the bulbs and fuses were good so i replaced it put every thing back the way it came out and still no lights so i took the new one back off left it plugged in tripped the switch manually and everything works fine tried the same with the old and again every thing works so the problem is when i mount it it doesnt want to sit properlly i say this because i can pull the swith towards the carpet a little and the light operate normally with the pedal but as soon as i let go of the switch it goes back to the normal position and im left without lights same goes foe the old one iv tried for 2 days to figure this out i even searched on here and found a diagram and install instructions but it still doing it every now and then i can slam the brakes and get lights but not when i slow down any ideas????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody??? well heres how i solved the problem for now untill i can figure it out i took a cotter pin and bent it straight shoved it between the switch and the pedal and now the brake lights work properly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.