Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

My parents just gave me their 1990 "7-Up" Mustang GT convertible, and I'm thrilled to find your forums, as I am sure that I am going to be needing them! :D

This car has only 30,000 miles on it, but has been garaged for several years. I tend to keep cars that I like until they are finished (I just sold my 1993 Mercedes sedan with 300,000! miles on it), but I want to treat this car very well and I also want to make sure that I am taking car of it as it needs to be cared for.

If anyone is really familiar with this car and has some good hints for me, I would love it if you would drop me an email. I tend to be a "do-it-yourself" sort of person, but I'm not a mechanic, so most major things have to be repaired by someone else. I know nothing about this vehicle, and, in fact, I have been driving diesels for the past 20 years, so getting used to a gas engine is already a bit of a challenge. For instance, I'm really not sure which type of gas to use, and whether or not it is a good idea to use any additives to the gas! I'll post in another forum on that.

This car seems to be in excellent condition so far. The only problem that needs immediate attention is that the back 1/4 windows are both not working properly. I put them both down and while one went up with a lot of cursing, the other won't go up at all. I'll post in another forum for this question, too.

Again, I'd love more information about this car. I have never owned a Mustang before, and I am looking forward to learning all about it.

Thanks!

EquiPro

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Thanks for joining the site.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey, welcome to AFM. You're gonna love it here. Any questions that you need answered I can guarantee someone will know the answer. This is a top notch site, with a bunch of top notch members :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome to AFM! :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.