Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 1990 gt built 306 runin open long tube headers.. help me pick what kinda exhaust where it should come out at i dont want a plan look something that looks good an not somethng ugly i dont no what to do i dont want just two pipes hangin out the end.. help me out thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you dont want two pipes coming out the back end you could always run dumps(dumps out right after the muffler/before back axle.) MAC makes a set of dump mufflers or you can do it yourself by going to any local auto parts store and getting the correct size turn down pipe.

As far as the midpipe and mufflers ( assuming that you are wanting to run those) I have run a o/r x-pipe by BBK with Dynomax mufflers for the last 3-4 years and it has a nice throaty sound with ]out being to raspy or tinny sounding and does not resonate in the cabin. I have also run a MAC prochamber with the same mufflers and it was a nice subtle sound at idle and very throaty at WOT. Getting ready to switch to prochamber/bassani cat back.

running the prochamber and magna flow mufflers on the LX vert and it sounds GOOD!!. Nice tone at idle and very pronounced rumble when you get on it. Thing is hella loud when passing people.:gringreen

here is a website with 250+ mustang exhaust clips. http://www.mustangexhaust.com/
hope this helps
Andrew

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you dont want two pipes coming out the back end you could always run dumps(dumps out right after the muffler/before back axle.) MAC makes a set of dump mufflers or you can do it yourself by going to any local auto parts store and getting the correct size turn down pipe.

As far as the midpipe and mufflers ( assuming that you are wanting to run those) I have run a o/r x-pipe by BBK with Dynomax mufflers for the last 3-4 years and it has a nice throaty sound with ]out being to raspy or tinny sounding and does not resonate in the cabin. I have also run a MAC prochamber with the same mufflers and it was a nice subtle sound at idle and very throaty at WOT. Getting ready to switch to prochamber/bassani cat back.

running the prochamber and magna flow mufflers on the LX vert and it sounds GOOD!!. Nice tone at idle and very pronounced rumble when you get on it. Thing is hella loud when passing people.:gringreen

here is a website with 250+ mustang exhaust clips. MustangExhaust.com - Find the Perfect Rumble!
hope this helps
Andrew
thanks man ima take a look at that...

M

·
0 Posts
That's a great website - never would have thought about that in a million years! Thanks for posting!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Help spintech or flowmaster

ok i need mufflers asap i dont no if i should out spintech prostreet or flowmaster 20s or w.e i have a 306 block stock heads P&P, e303 cam longtube headers, no cats. i want to be heard coming and sound great what do i pick?????

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Well as for sound, do you want to sound like 90% of the other 5.0's out there (Flowmasters)? Or do you want to be different?

As for look, you can have LX tailpipes out the back, put dumps on behind the mufflers, or have something custom made? Unless you want GT turndowns on an LX, that'd be different and doesn't look bad but that's up to you. You can get LX tailpipes and then have some sort of tips put on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as for sound, do you want to sound like 90% of the other 5.0's out there (Flowmasters)? Or do you want to be different?

As for look, you can have LX tailpipes out the back, put dumps on behind the mufflers, or have something custom made? Unless you want GT turndowns on an LX, that'd be different and doesn't look bad but that's up to you. You can get LX tailpipes and then have some sort of tips put on.
yeah i no i hate how 95% mustangs sound the same so ima go with prostreet spintechs.. idk what to do on my gt with the tail pipe wise...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Everyone knows when I'm comin with SLP's. :hihi:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i really need help i need a great sounding mufflers i want it to rumble loud on inside and out i wana be heard coming down the street. i just dont wana do flows..... im runin longtubes now.. on a 1990 gt help me and what size piping should i do?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I say SLPs or magnaflows. Those were my first two choices before. You should run 2.5" exhaust. No need for 3"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.