Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my week so far sucks now, well to make my story shorth i posted a thread about a day ago of how I had a problem with a msd pro billet distributor. so i got a rma number and a postage to send the unit back to get it fix! (what i noticed is that when i will turn the distributor it will make a click on the top were the rotor rotates)and well i when a head and put the old one back in but know my problem is that it runs but with no power! you could even feel like theres no torque at all! i don't know what when or what i forgot to put? the car starts fine and well it idle good but when you drive it it feels to slow! please help don't know what to think of what the problem could be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
maybe just the timing is off now that you switched, also if you are running stock electronics make sure the ecm pill is in. it lets the computer control timing. it will run without it but it wont electronically advance the timing if i'm correct. not sure but check it out

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yep, sounds like a timing issue. Loosen the distributor hold down bolt a little bit and turn the dist with the car running. You'll know when it's in the right spot because the car will sound a whole lot smoother.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe just the timing is off now that you switched, also if you are running stock electronics make sure the ecm pill is in. it lets the computer control timing. it will run without it but it wont electronically advance the timing if i'm correct. not sure but check it out
thanks timing was the issue it was at 5 degrees under. and now its right at 10 so i'm all good now, i was getting worry for a minute though. just that were is the ecm pills i never heard of that before.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I think he meant the spout connector. So the MSD's being fixed?

·
Registered
941 Posts
so how much did the msd do for you was it worth it? or would it be worth it to me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.