Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1990 gt hatch and I have recently tried putting all the interior pieces together, expecially the rear, with the parts that I was given. The first problem was trying to get the rear quarter plastics in and they were matching up, which then I realized they were off a '87. So I found some cheap ones and put them in fine. Then I started to realize that a lot of the parts on the interior were from an '87. So now I'm tring to put the rear seats in but I'm missing the brackets that bolt down the fold down part of the seat. But my main question is the bottom part of the rear seat. I know they're most likely out of an '87 becuz I believe the '90's have holes on the seat where the female end of the seatbelt feeds out of. So will these seats fit in right in a '90 of should I get the right seats? And if they do work, how do you install the bottome half of the seat?

I noticed that under the seat are 2 large "U" shaped brackets that bolt down to floor. So how would I make it all work? Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have to push the seat into those "U" brackets on the bottom. Just place the bottom bench in place and push the seat down and backwardsuntil it snaps into place. It takes a lot of force to get my rear seat into place on my 87.I'm not sure if the 87 and 90 are compatible. My 87 and my buddies 93 are a little different so I'm not to sure if they work with eachother.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The bottom should work by getting the seat belt to come through between the back and bottom.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have a picture of their rear seat installed? I tried pushing them into those "u" brackets but it kinda seems like it doesn't match up. I don't know if its becuz of the difference in the year. But when it seem like it went in as much as it can go, there was a big gap between the seat and the floor

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you actually get them into their brackets? The bottom of the seat should be directly on top of the floor. No space in between.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you actually get them into their brackets? The bottom of the seat should be directly on top of the floor. No space in between.
I tried to get them in as far into the bracket but for some reason I think the passenger side of the seat doesnt seem to fit in all the way, like if for some reason the way the bottom of the seat is molded, doesn't line up correctly with the passenger side bracket. Which why it has me thinking that since this seat is most likely an '87, it doesn't interchange into the '90's brackets or something. Any help if these should interchange or not? or am I just not installing it right?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't think they are interchangable because the brackets on the bottom of my buddies 93 are a little different then the one on my 87. You have a 90 right? I could take a pic of mine to see if its the same as the seat your trying to put in if you want. Maybe get a pic up of my buddies 93 too if you need it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think they are interchangable because the brackets on the bottom of my buddies 93 are a little different then the one on my 87. You have a 90 right? I could take a pic of mine to see if its the same as the seat your trying to put in if you want. Maybe get a pic up of my buddies 93 too if you need it.
Yes please, can you do that for me please. I have someone offering me the correct seat for a '90-'93 and I want to make sure that the one I have will not work before I get it. But yeah please if you can get those pictures for me. Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any luck on those pictures?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.