Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
I haven't been on in a while, I got stationed in Hawaii and now my 'Stang is running like crap. My performance has been steadily declining since she got out here. I have some surging when I first start up in the morning, dropping to 650 or less, then surging back up to 900 RPM or so, stuttering under acceleration (hasn't happened in a while), and now an intermittent CEL. It flashes three times, then quits for a while, then it starts up again, usually on accelereation. WTF? I cleaned intake and MAF sensor, no major improvement. wondering if it has anything to do with the the E85/E10 difference in gas between here and CA. The car has a Jet chip in it when I bought it (never heard of the brand before), but I have no info re: my tune. any ideas? Thanks-

Jay

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Run the codes they will probably tell you the problem. Did you install bigger inj to run e85? You need 40% bigger inj to run that fuel. If your car is running stcok and you are using 19# inj you need to be running 30# inj. What are your mods?

DIY KOEO/KOER/Cylinder Balance Self-Test Procedure

Also JET chips work pretty good but you can get pretty much the same just by turning the dizzy a little to advance your timing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
running 24lb inj at the moment... thanks for the DIY, gonna go "borrow" an analog meter from my shop at work. :) thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.