Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my exhaust setup and have an offroad h-pipe and don't want to hook up all the hoses for the smog system. i was reading that you can buy a different length belt and just bypass it? what belt should i be looking for?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's a great graphic, it should help you get the right one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
belt size

for 87-93 5.0 its a 84.5 belt theres also an excelant article on how to do a delete just by removing everything you'd bypass the air compressor like you are planning and remove the compressor as well as all the pipeing for it all you need are two large bolts for in the beack of the heads and two smaller ones to close off vaccume lines. id look it up only took me like 2.5 hours without the article.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ya i dont have smaog or ac i think th eblet lenght was 72 in or there about but i have not see anyone with theres routed like mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
smog pump bypass belt size

I have a 1991 ford mustang gt v8 5.0 convertible.....stock! With factory A/C , automatic transmission.
My smog pump seized up today, and ripped my belt off.
Since nobody on here is helpful in any way. I decided to register only to post this answer
That everyone needs.
If your car is like mine, you will need a 77" belt.

My belt only broke because the smog pump seized up. And i left it on the car i did not remove it. Or move anything! The only thing i did was buy a 77" (77 inches) belt after trying all other that everyone on here said too. And they were wrong.
Not everyone has a modded mustang, mine is a stock GT model.

So thanks for nothing people!

1991 mustang gt convertible STOCK!!! A real mustang!!!

A 77" belt is needed to bypass your smog pump that has seized. Without removing the smog pump...

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts