Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 mustang GT with most bolt ons and Im saving up for a PA super comp C4 transmission. and also installing posi trac, and 3.73 gears in the rear. Im concerned about wich "torque converter" I should get for my car and what stall speed would suit it best. *note* I am also in fact installing a trickflow upper and lower intake with a 70mm throttle body with spacer and mass air meter. Id appreciate the help. Im trying to start with the foundation of by car before building up the engine. :scratchchin

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
A converter requires several answers first, it's not simply to choose what stall rpm. You'd be best to contact PA about the converter and they'll ask you the following:

Intended use of the car
Cylinder heads - head flow, material, valve size, port size
Cam - rpm range, lift, duration
Compression ratio
Rear gear ratio
Tire height
Weight of the car

The proper converter isn't just choosing the stall speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the reply Ill be sure to do that, most everything is stock and i didnt know if I could be told around what stall and what brand to get.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Since it's stock, you'll probably get a 10 inch converter with a stall speed around 2000-2200. Make sure you're also taking into consideration future changes like heads, intake, exhaust, and so on. You'd still do better to contact PA to make sure you get the right one. If you get the wrong one, it'll drive you nuts with poor driveability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.