Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 GT with Ford 1" Lowering Springs. I'm looking to buy 17x8/9" (front and back respectively) with 245 45 R17 tires in front, and 275 45 R17 in the rear. Will I have any clearance issues?? The car currently has 16" wheels.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The front will be close, those tires should be a little less diameter then stock

Not sure how wide you can go in the back but someone will know

G

·
the fronts will be real close

you should be ok with the rears depending on the back spacing of the wheels.....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Unless the front fenders have been changed to 1991-1993 style with the bigger openings, those wheels will be too big for the front. 245 will have lots of tire rub, you'd even have rubbing with 235 at full turn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It depends on where you buy your rims and tires from I have 245-45-17s on my front and I dont rub one bit granted Iam not lowered. But I will attach pictures and you will be able to see I could lower if I wanted to. American Muscle .com call them site sponser can answer all your wheel questions. I called them three times before I bought my rims and tires. They told me the only way I would rub is if i was lowered more than 1.5 inch. plus shipping is only $15 dollars on the whole order. These guys have the correct backspacing on the rims so you wont rub.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Iam sorry they actually have free shipping I was thinking of another site I order from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.