Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well this may sound kind of stupid, but my air bag warning light blinks at me for a good while until it eventually turns off. I know there might be something wrong with my air bags, but then again there could be something faulty with the light itself.

I'm not about to run my car into something to see if the air bags work, so I figure I'll do some diagnostic on the light, any ideas?

·
Registered
617 Posts
They do blink.Mine blinks six times then takes a break and blinks six more times.It's been doing it for the eight years I have had the car.Just take it to the dealer.They have a code book that will tell you whats wrong.My six blinks means I have a bad front crash sensor.Or at least that's what the ford dealer tells me.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Okay, if the light blinks and eventually quits, and is sometimes accompanied by a chirping or clicking noise from inside the dash behind the radio, that's a bad air bag controller. It's the light blue box behind the radio.

If like dreger, it blinks a set number of times and keeps repeating it over and over again. The controller may be fine, but it's trying to tell you something.

I always thought code 6 was a bad steering wheel clock spring? It's probably the most common air bag trouble code.

Here's some helpful information regarding Ford air bags
Mustang Air Bag Diagnostic Codes

·
Registered
617 Posts
It could be.The guy that I spoke with at the ford dealer did not seem particularly knowledgeable.As long as the thing doesn't go off for no reason and break my face,which ford assures me can't happen I'm fine.:happydance:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if the air bag warning light has anything to do with my car passing inspection, but other then that it really doesn't bother me that much. If it pisses me off enough one day I'll crack the dash and just remove the bulb.

All I know is it's a constant blink and a mechanic mentioned to me about it being something in the steering column.

Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
my light isnt on but i get a beep similiar to the seatbelt beep, ive been told it was the airbag sensor thing.. oh well thats why i have 12's to drown it out lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.