Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 mustang lx 5.0. the car has been sitting for about 10 years now and i just got on the road. I put a BBk cold air intake and it also has dual flowmaster 40 series mufflers. When I pull out on the road to take off and get the motor up to about 2000 RPM's it starts to pop and falls on its nose. It has just about enough power to keep it running. Here is a list of the stuff I have done to try to fix it, new spark plugs, new fuel filter, new modgule on the distributor, I also checked the pressure in the fuel lines which is at about 35 psi, and lastly i cleaned the catalytic converter's out but still have the problem. Once you try to run it and check under the hood the bottom of the headers where there flandged is glowing red. I have no idea what to do next so any help is greatly appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
Check and reset your timing.....

also coult be faulty o2 sensors....

clean the maf

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
If the headers are glowing its LEAN!! I wouldnt drive it anymore till the problem is solved. Check what reggie has suggested, those are all factors, along with Vac leaks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
sounds like timing issues ,check your timing again might have jumped timing,possible bad timing gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.