Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a newby at this but i just had a feww questions and hope you guys could help me out. i would like ot build a 331 stroker to put in my 1990 notchback because im tired of hearing my friends ramble on about how they can take there little honda si's to 8500. but i was wondering what route i should go for a streetable but very fast 331 stroker that would be pushing over 400hp to the wheels? i was thinking about going the supercharged route but im not sure. has anyone built a supercharged 331 for the street? or what kinds of combos could you guys suggest i should go? and just out of curiosity whats kinds of rpms are thosebuilt 331's pullin to now? thanks alot

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site.

You don't have to zing the engine to smoke those Jap cars, let them buzz em up while you leave em behind. 6500 is more than enough.

You could actually go either way to 400 hp, boosted or naturally aspirated. I'll give you combos for both.

N/A 331...
HEADS:
AFR 185
TFS High Port CNC
TFS Twisted Wedge CNC 185
Dart Pro 1 195
Brodix M1
World Products Windsor

INTAKE:
Holley Systemax II
Edelbrock RPM II
TFS Track Heat
Weiand EFI

CAM:
Comp Cams Xtreme Energy, part number 35-518-8, grind number XE274HR. It has .555/.565 lift, 274/282 duration, 224/232 duration at .050 lift, a 112 degree LCA and a powerband of 2200-6200. It makes great power, and needs better heads, intake, 3:55-3:73 gears, a 2500+ stall speed converter if you use an automatic, and a good fuel system.

FUEL SYSTEM:
255 lph fuel pump
30 pound injectors
Adjustable fuel regulator
Billet fuel rails

Or if you decide to go with a supercharger:

Heads and intake would be the same options.

CAM:
Comp Cams Blower cam, part number 35-312-8, grind number 276HR. It has .544/.560 lift, 276/280 duration, 220/224 duration at .050 lift, a 114 degree LCA and a powerband of 2000-6000. It too needs better heads, intake, exhaust, the same mild stall and gears.

FUEL SYSTEM:
255 lph fuel pump
42 pound injectors
Adjustable fuel regulator/FMU

As for the supercharger, you have LOTS of options from the Vortech, Paxton, ATI Pro Charger, Kenne Bell, even a PowerDyne.

Again, let the import guys sound like bumblebees, you don't have to rev it to the moon. A 331 with a forged crank, rods and pistons if built right could go to 7000 rpm but it doesn't have to because you'll have torque. Those buzzbombs HAVE to rev because they don't have any torque.

·
Registered
478 Posts
C'mon Eagle you forgot the Best Intake of all of them Victor 5.0

iF YOU WANT A vERY FAST AND STREETAble settup and over 400hp Look at my sig My setup is built for 4000-7500 RPM and is still suprisingly Pretty streetably besides the once in a while jerking. When I heat my E/T streets up enough I can pull the tires off on the street without the 200 shot :)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Arggggggg yes I did forget the Victor 5.0. Meant for high rpms, it'll definately make lots of horsepowahhh...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Arggggggg yes I did forget the Victor 5.0. Meant for high rpms, it'll definately make lots of horsepowahhh...

YAHHH Man.... i love my victor 5.0... just be sure it will match your combo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.