Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I’m just wondering about how long would it take to replace a clutch and a throughout bearing in a stock T-5 transmission

·
Registered
693 Posts
Its not easy, have to drop the tranny,drop the exhaust. Did mine on a floor with jackstands. Took me 10-12 hrs from start to finish.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Maybe with a hoist!

Not really jus did mine with jackstands and a floor jack in about 4 hours. But than again I've done it a ton of times before.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Any tips that would make it go alil smooter and faster?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Don't know if you did it already but first and foremost take the tranny off separately from the bell housing, another thing have everything you need from the parts to the tools. When you're putting the tranny back in it should go in all the way into the bellhousing, but sometimes it'll stop like 1/2 an inch from seating all the way in that case hook up the clutch pedal and have someone push the clutch in while you're under there and the tranny will seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
do you have to support the engine? I'm looking to replace my bell housing and throwout bearing. Should I go buy/rent a transmission jack and engine support or is this not necessary for someone who is on a budget? Also sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm looking for used bell housings and I don't know what will fit because I don't know how to tell if my tranny is T-5. Will anything from 79-93 fit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.