Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen numerous threads about this. first of all ive seen a lot of people sayin you will run into problems with the motor not used to recieveing all the extra air and the cpu will need to be recalibrated. i want to know if i can do this without having to do anything. second of all if i need to tune the comp what will i need to do it? i not really that skilled mechanically, i can do basic hose changes and door motors and stuff of that such but when it comes to car electronics past installed a stereo im useless.

please help me help others

thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im kinda waiting on anyone to say anything checking back asap i can i still have this off my car

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok when you take off the intake tube look inside of the tube and you will notice the inside diamiter is smaller then the out side diamiter and if you look threw the back that small tube looks kinda like its floating you want to take a screw driver and bust out that tube and everything holding in in there to open up the tube its just really hard to explain with out pics and when i did it i thaught it was allready done till i started messing with it and it didnt effect my ecu that i have noticed

·
Registered
711 Posts
It looks like it's already open. Does the inside open up to the tube, or does it get smaller than the opening? It looks like it's done but if it's not and you take it out you need to reset the MAF by taking the wires off the battery for a good 5 minutes to reset the computer for the new opening.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well theres nothing restricting anything on the inside of it its just completely hollow.... i did get this car from a mustang guy. im glad thats done. im going to work on getting new injectors and a new cam. thank you the part is back on the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.