Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a 1991 302 EFI from a crown victoria into my mustang(motor & fuel injection system), it was running exelent till I replace manifold with header. I drove the car one week without o2 sensors then one cold day i went to start the car and wouldnt idle when cold, and from then on when i push the gas pedal it wont rev more than around 2000RPM, its sound like a miss gas or fire. I have over 40 fuel pressure, i replace fuel rail,filter, distributor, distrubutor caps, wires, dunno where to go now

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Have you put any O2 sensors in there yet? They're needed by the computer or it'll go seriously lean.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes to clear everything out out of the KAM of ECU? You might try that. I'd also run a compression test on all cylinders to make sure that the engine is in good mechanical shape. Which distributor did you use? Was it the one from the Crown Vic or the Mustang? If memory is correct, the Crown Vic uses a flat tappett cam and Mustang uses a roller cam. The flat tappet cam is ductile iron and the Mustang is steel. You need to have the right gear on the distributor or you'll have running issues.

Greg B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the distrubutor of the vic, everything is off the vic and yes I did disconnect the baterry for atleast 10 minutes ..

·
Registered
547 Posts
arent the firing orders different on a HO and non HO motor, so it will fire the injectors at the wrong times? because the injectors are computer controlled unless you changed those too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.