Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 mustang gt convertable I was driving down the road and the car just shut off on me could not get it started again got it towed to my house i had 31 pounds of fuel pressure so i changed the fuel pump now I have 54 pounds of fuel pressure. I check the fuel injectors and it doesn't even smell like fuels even coming out of them at all someone told me that it could be my computer has died on me. I found it in the dash underneith my radio can anyone tell me if it's the computer or something else and i can't seem to find a computer for my car anywhere i would really be greatful.

Attachments

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's not the computer. Not sure what that is, but it's not what you're looking for. The one that controls the car is in the riders side kickpanel.

It's possible it's the computer, but not likely. It'd take an electric shock to the computer for it to die, or physical damage. It doesn't just give up the ghost like a laptop computer will from being overused.

It's most likely either your ignition module on side of the distributor or the ignition pickup. Both send signals to the computer about what injector to fire next and for how long. If either isn't working, your car isn't running. These two parts go out way before the EEC computer does. When one of them fail, it'll seem like the switch was simply turned off without warning, and the engine will not start.

Does your tach jump around when you try to crank it?

This is what the EEC computer looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have changed both ignition control module and pick up and it still is not getting any fuel I pulled the plugs to check it still don't have any fuel smell to them I found the computer thanks that is gonna be my last option

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.