Ford Mustang Forum banner

1991 Ford Mustang Gt electrical/fuel pump issue??

878 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Alex22 
#1 ·
i have a 1991 ford mustang gt when i purchased it it died on me on the freeway, figured it was a fuel pump issue, then this last saturday replaced head(gt-40p), upper/lower intake(cobra),headers(mac), bbk cold air intake, new wires, distributer, plugs, injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter new computer (1993 cobra). then drove it that night about 40 miles let it sit all night then drove it next day for about 30 miles then it died tried to start it up and nothing let it sit for about an hour and started up but dont want to drive it fear it will die again. help????

#3 ·
Like Almost said, could be a clogged filter. When you replace it look at the color of the fuel that comes out. If it has a bad red color to it you may have rust in your tank.

I did at one point have a fuel pump that was going bad die on me randomly for like 2 weeks before it finally took a dive. I'd let it sit for 10-30 minutes and it would start back up and I'd keep going. I was 17 and poor as could be so I didn't replace it right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.