Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of removing all of the ground effects and trim from my 1991 GT to prep it for paint. I have already removed the bumper cover and most of the other trim associated with the doors and rocker panels. I am now to the point of removing the window trim, most importantly the Roof Rail Trim.

I am unfamiliar with the clips that are used to hold these pieces of trim on, and am wondering if there is anyone who can give me some tips on how to go about removing them. Mine are in very good shape and I am scared to damage them by forcing something off in the wrong way, as well I want to remove them instead of taping them off for paint to eliminate any chance of paint seems showing up after it is finished.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Open the door and remove the one screw on the underside of the trim. Grasp the molding firmly and pull downward. There will be a lot of black sealer gunk to clean off when you are done. The clips usually stay attached to the molding, but can come loose. It was a real pain to reinstall new ones on my car, the edge of the rubber kept folding inside itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.