Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a CRX shell for $100 and i want some ideas for mustang engines that might fit in the very tiny car. those cars weigh only 1900lbs or so, it won't take much power to make it move. so if anyone has experience shoehorning engines in small cars i would like some ideas. thank you in advance for helping me daydream.

·
Registered
504 Posts
put a b16 honda engine or a gsr engine with a gsr transmisson and it should go mid 13s

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just put a 5.0 in there LOL. There was a tread on here awhile back with a bunch of small cars that had v8s in them

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i should look up that thread. i want to do an engine swap that doesnt involve a honda engine, thats done all the time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Local guy dropped an LSX engine from an F-body into an S14 240SX and its doing great due to power to weight ratio and its rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
v8 in a civic. Probably not what your looking for but cool

YouTube - honda civic whit engine v8!

Tom What kind of numbers and boost are you puting out with the Jackson supercharger?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The civic runs 8-9 LBS but it has high compression. This car is beyond FAST. When the V-TECH kicks in it is like a saturn 5 rocket DUDE. I am in the process of building a TURBO one the same exact year and motor. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have a modded 5.0......:rollgrin:

I wouldn't be afraid to meet your honda......:smartass:
Dude your profile clearly states a 347 DART!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a big difference. The 5.0 motor is a DOG CASE CLOSED. So compairing it to a 1600 Honda is a different story. But my honda makes Over 300 ponies. Care to tell me how much it would take to do that with a 5.0 motor. It would be like me telling your that my camaro can beat your 347.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/tomrenzo/Kitties158.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
I say drop in a turbo 2.3, thats what I wanna do to a Del Sol. Find some sort of IRS to bolt in it. Or like a mid mount Focus drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Might be able to fit the new V6 in there, make some great power, but I do like Rhapsody's idea of a mid-mounted Focus drivetrain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.