Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this site and am looking for some help and information to help me through my mustang project. I am located in nova scotia canada. My wife and I are building a 1991 Mustang LX for her. It has a 2.3litre 4 cylinder engine and automatic transmission with overdrive. The engine is dual ignition with 8 spark plugs. I want to swap out this motor and transmission for a 5.0 litre v8 with an automatic C4 transmission. The v8 engine will be carberated. What do I need to be able to make the swap? I purchased the motor and transmission from a friend out of his 1971 Ford Maverick, the motor and transmission were supposedly out of a mustang. What year I dont know. Will I need a different rear-end? Shorter driveshaft? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, thanks a lot!

I read both of your articles and they answered a lot of my questions But I still have some more. Like will the original 4 cylinder motor mounts work on the 302? Is the original 4 cylinder rear-end strong enough to take whatever a 275-300hp 302 will throw at it? If I needed to change it out for a v8 rearend will that make the rear bolt pattern for the rims 5 bolt instead of 4? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
All of this info is at the top of the 5.0 areas, it's too much to type yet again.

I'll move this to the 5.0 section, rather than letting it get buried in general tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.