Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Was wondering if any of you could help me out with a paint code! I have a 1991 LX Convertible, its still the factory color, it is a real dark metallic blue and unfortunetly there is no paint code on my car and I want to get the car repainted the same color it is, so I was wondering if anyone out there has a car the same color blue that could maybe give me a paint code or help me out as to how to get the paint code/color name?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
So there is no Vehicle Certification Label on the driver's side door and no Body/Buck Tag stapled to the radiator frame behind the driver's side headlamp?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1991 Paint Code

I didn't notice anything that related to a paint code on my car. The car has had 3 owners prior to me, so lord knows what happened to them.

I'm pretty sure the color is Twilight Blue, it is the darkest blue that was used on the Mustang.

My dilemma is that right now I need the hood repainted, but I can't flip the bill to get the whole car repainted until a bit down the road, so that is why I'm trying to get a paint code.

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That code should be on the drivers door jam, or on that tag he mentioned. Here's the blue paint codes for 1991. I'm sure Fox Chassis could tell more.

K3: Bimini Blue Metallic
KA: Crystal Blue Metallic
M6290A: Twilight Blue Metallic
M6327A: Crystal Blue Metallic
M6383A: Ultra Blue Metallic
M6485A: Bimini Blue Metallic
MK: Twilight Blue Metallic
MM: Ultra Blue Metallic

·
Registered
18 Posts
If its the car in your avatar, and your photo is fairly accurate, i would agree its likely twilight blue metallic.

Bimini Blue was a very bright color lighter in blue tones. Crystal blue is more of a silvery blue. And Ultra Blue is that bright blue that seems to be a crowd favorite on GT's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1991 Paint Code

I was able to get the paint code I needed! As I suspected the color of my Stang is Twilight Blue Metallic, so I'm all set now with the paint code.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Cool, glad you got the right code.

·
Registered
941 Posts
well im in the same situation although my car is red there is no sticker on my drive door jam and i dont see a tag a pic of one would be awesome

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The tag is stapled to the rad support in front of the radiator on the drivers side. It may be hard to see as it's the color of the car. Look down between the two and you should see it. It will have the last 8 digits of the vin on it, among other things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.