Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to buy a clutch system and a light weight flywheel for my 91 5.0 lx ,, my car has 3.55 R&P nothing else. i don't no realy what clutch kit and what flywheel to go for

so what is the best for my car ?? ...

thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
10.5" Aluminum Fidanza weighs 11.5 lbs before you put the 50oz imbalance on it.
One of the lightest 10.5" clutches I've found is the 4 puck Spec series with an installed weight of 18 lbs.

There are other combos out there... just none I have experience with.

On a side note;
It will be hit or miss on the balance of your rotating assembly. Some will say they've no issues installing aftermarket flywheel/clutch assemblies and some will say they noticed some slight vibration at a certain rpm and then goes away.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The Fidanza flywheel is great, it takes a lot of centrifugal weight out of the drivetrain.
The Spec clutch can be grabby, but once you get used to it they work fine. Another you could consider is the Centerforce I, it's a good upgrade than a stock clutch assembly, is lighter weight, and gives a light pedal.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'm sold on Mcloud clutches. I have put two of them in my 5.0L, they feel like a stock clutch as far as pedel effort, but they can hold any type of power (depending on which model you get). I have had two stage 2 clutches in my 90 lx, the first one lasted nearly 3 years of constant drag strip time launching at 6K rpm's on stickies and powershifting as well as a few trips to California and back from Arizona, not to mention driving the car anywhere and everywhere in the Arizona heat before it began to show signs of wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.