Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 lx that im converting to 5 lug , i have the front set up (spindle,rotor,hub, caliper off of a 1994), i havent got anything for the rear yet, ive been told a few different things but i dont kno which would work.. i read tht a 94 rearend shud fit? , or to just take the rear disks off a 94, brackets an all? ... i plan on putting some 18" to 20" billet wheels on it an would like for them to NOT stick out, or too far if possible, so if theres any suggestions or other setups u might suggest off another car let me kno let me know?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If I recall the 94-95 rear ends are wider by like 3/4" on each side or some such. You don't need to use the 94 rear, you can keep your 8.8. But you can get a set of axles, 5 lug, of the proper size from quite a few different parts stores. Then get yourself a master cylinder, proportioning valve, gut plug, brake booster, new lines, calipers, pads, and rotors off your 94 for your rear on the 91. If you look under the essential tech threads there is already a thread about this type of swap.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
On another note, don't put 20" rims on your car. They'll look horrible. Even 18" rims are a slight bit big and rarely look good on our cars. 17" is usually the standard.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I bought a junker 94 v6 car with no motor/trans as a parts car for $350. This was great because I could take my time and I didn't miss any hardware.

As said by David the axles are longer so you'll probably want to get some fox length ones. Moser or superior axle make some for about $250. And 18" is as big as you'll want to go on the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts