Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1991 Mustang Gt, with a mostly stock 302 shortblock. I hear a lot of smack talk on "Ebay Turbos" but was wondering how bad they really are? I want to turbo My mustang and run just like 7-8 pounds of boost.
The Turbo Kit: 1979 1993 Ford Mustang Twin Turbo Kit 750HP Package TT 260 289 302 351 5 0L 5L | eBay

Need opinions on if it would be worth the $800, and even if the turbos themselves end up being junk i could get some nicer ones for a few hundred a piece and still have less into it than any like Hellion turbo charger kit. Im a huge turbo fan and any input would help so please anyone with advice let me know what you think. Thanks.:bounce2:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ive got a 1991 Mustang Gt, with a mostly stock 302 shortblock. I hear a lot of smack talk on "Ebay Turbos" but was wondering how bad they really are? I want to turbo My mustang and run just like 7-8 pounds of boost.
The Turbo Kit: 1979 1993 Ford Mustang Twin Turbo Kit 750HP Package TT 260 289 302 351 5 0L 5L | eBay

Need opinions on if it would be worth the $800, and even if the turbos themselves end up being junk i could get some nicer ones for a few hundred a piece and still have less into it than any like Hellion turbo charger kit. Im a huge turbo fan and any input would help so please anyone with advice let me know what you think. Thanks.:bounce2:

Good idea...but those really are junk...from fitment, to stress resistance, to power output...etc.

You want a good deal? Get on corral.net, browse the used power adder parts till you find a cheap single turbo hotside from on3, then add yourself to the "Sloppy Mechanics" page on facebook. Once on there, contact Matt Happel and/or Viren Singh and ask for the "Denmah Special" for turbo parts. Will get you an actually good chinese 69mm GT45 turbo, intercooler, and other parts. Then just put it together.

OR...just try to find a used on3 or boost brothers single turbo kit for your 302. You'll end up spending 1000-1500 or so...but will be much happier by the time you are done installing it all...then it's on to making power.

-Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alot for the information. I have heard a lot of good from the On3 Performance single turbo kit and was thinking just to save the $1600 for their turbo kit. From what ive read its the best for its price as far as power and reliability. Looks like its time to start saving!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Thanks Alot for the information. I have heard a lot of good from the On3 Performance single turbo kit and was thinking just to save the $1600 for their turbo kit. From what ive read its the best for its price as far as power and reliability. Looks like its time to start saving!

The "Denmah Special" that I mentioned will put down more power per turbo comparison...but you will have to mix and match a little to put that kit together. Not much work...but doesn't come as a package like a new On3 kit.

If you are into saving money, the only real wearable part is the turbo. Buy a used kit and get a new/different turbo of your choice.

good luck, message me if you need some quick advice or something. I've been through it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

don't waste ur money the ebay turbos don't last i had one last me 3 weeks and started leaking oil from the seal. i bought it cuz i needed one cheap after that experience never again. also the bov and waste gate are crap you will be putting a lot more money in then 800 in the end i would just pice togeather the kit and get a bigger intercooler to cool down the air the one in the kit it looks like a honda intercooler lol i would say do it right once it pays in the long run

·
Administrator
13,346 Posts
$800 including the headers.smilie_b_016.gif You know what they say- Ya get what you pay for.nod.gif

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Just to put something into perspective......a good BOV and a good wategate will cost you over $500 minimum for the pair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts