Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this should be an easy one. If I ever needed to replace the ECM in my 1991 Mustang GT, which part number/computer model number would I be looking for? There are a ton for sale on e-bay but I don't know where to start. I have a 5 speed with cruise control (don't know if that matters) so I would guess that computer/model number would be different than an auto. Also, aside from e-bay and my local Ford dealer, where else could I buy one of these? There aren't any donor fox bodies in the area so a salvage yard is out of the question. I will check the AFM classifieds to see if anyone has one for sale. I guess I would like to purchase from a business that has tested it and can guarantee it to work. Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, now I just feel stupid.

So I went to the Advance Auto Parts website and a company named Cardone offers a re-certified ECU for around $90. I might just go that route if I need to.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There should be a sticker on the pass. side door jamb near fender. Should be A9L. If you can afford a little more money, get the one that has been rebuilt with new parts that are known to have a high failure rate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts