Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good but not real expensive tuner for my car? I need something that I can reprogram for new injectors, and maybe go to low impedence or wide band technology

·
Registered
826 Posts
are you talkin a programmer or a chip?....there is only 2 programmers made for our cars...unfortunatly there both expensive...one is a pms and the other is the aem...the pms is cheaper and has a hand held device that stays in the care...the aem you have to have a laptop you can keep in the car...i would go w/ a pms when i buy one.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The PMS is awesome, I'm not familiar with the AEM but heard it's good. High initial cost but it'd pay for itself eventually because it'll adapt to anything you want to add to the car later on. Other than that, you'd have to get a custom chip burned but it'd have to be redone anytime you make a change to the car. There is no actual handheld tuner for the Fox like the 96-up cars do.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Well on a level that's true. I forgot about the Tweecer but it isn't the same thing as the 96-up handheld programmers are. It's quite a bit more involved than the Superchips, Hypertech, Diablo programmers are. But yes, the Tweecer is out there. Glad you pointed that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts